Monday, October 11, 2010

Is it worth to work in Middle East?

Assalamualaikum,

Many of my friend ask me whether Qatar is good for future sake. This popular question, I had no specific answer. But the main point to consider is;

1. The wages are higher compare to Home Country, depends on your position, normally for senior staff the amount are much higher and comfortable. For non-senior staff the amount just a bit higher than 10k mark. Depend on yourself to save for your old age.
2. Challenges are another important things to think of. Working with mostly Indian citizen, upon not very convenience comparing to Malaysian working ethics. Some people frustrated and went home.
3. Middle east was a desert country. No river, no waterfall, no jungle to catch birds and so on. Ready to expect the boringness when hot season.
4. Summer time the heat rise up to 50 degrees celcius. Its like a big hair dryer blowing to you.
5. Homesick was common, especially Eidul Fitri and Eidul Adha.

As long as you can face this challenge, then you will find the bright side in your life. Actually there are lots of new things to explore inside and outside your shell. Many were survive and stay, few i found had stayed here more than 10 years, and happy staying here.

For me, right now I was really miss my country, even bad news appeared everyday. I miss the rain, roti canai, teh tarik, jungle, waterfall, everything that I remembered. But this is my journey, sacrifice, exploring until I am enough with it. May be one day this will be my best memories ever. InsyaAllah.

3 comments:

zaharum said...

salam,

i'm interesting to work abroad,ie middle east/qatar. the living/cost of living ok ke?

Zulkhairi said...

for detail cost of living check here ... http://www.qatarliving.com/forum/55

for me accomodation was support by company, and others spent not more than 20% of my income... ok la

Rainman said...

Assalamualaikum. I am very much inspired by your positive outlook in your life in Qatar. You have a beautiful family too, alhamdulillah. I'm a mother of 3, 2 twelvw yr old twin gals and a 4 yr old son. We've beeen living in Saudi Arabia just 1 1/2 hrs away from Mecca since 2009 I always read up blogs of Malays or expats that stay in countries that i think will pussibly be our next place of mastautin , waallahu'alam. Yours is by far one of the most enjoyable and genuine blogs that i've read abt living in Qatar. If ever my husband by the will of Allah, works in Qatar anytime this year is it ok for me to contact you? I am a Singaporean Malay makcik btw :)